Wed, 25 Nov|
ESG and Impact Investing 2021, Lexology Report
Join this esela webinar to learn about the first global ESG and Impact Investing report published by Lexology and written by lawyers. Find out how regulatory frameworks and fiduciary duties are evolving around ESG and impact investing practices across four continents.
Time & Location
25 Nov 2020, 14:00 – 15:30
About The Event
Wednesday 25 November 2020
9 am EST (New York) | 2 pm GMT (UK) | 3 pm CET (Milan)
CPD | 85 minutes self-certified CPD points.
On 25 November, esela - The legal network for social impact and R&P Legal Studio Associato will host an online panel on the first global ESG and Impact Investing 2021 report, with participation of some of the contributors of the research.
Bringing together the experience of four continents, this panel intends to present to practitioners, investors, entrepreneurs, policy makers how regulatory frameworks and fiduciary duties are evolving around ESG & impact investing practices.
Join the event to find out about the legal sides of a new impact oriented market and how initiatives of this kind can drive the change that global challenges such as Covid19 and the SDGs deadline impose on each of us.
This event will be in English and is free to attend.
- Cliff Prior, Chief Executive Officer of The Global Steering Group for Impact Investment (GSG)
- Roberto Randazzo, President of esela – The legal network for social impact and Partner at R&P Legal Studio Associato, Italy (Host)
- Constanza Connolly, Counsel, Beccar Varela, Argentina, Board Member of esela - The legal network for social impact and Co-Founder and Committee Member of Red Latinoamericana de Abogados de Impacto
- David Geral, Head of Banking and Financial Services Regulatory, Bowmans, South Africa
- Vivien Teu, Founder and Managing Partner, Vivien Teu & Co LLP, Hong Kong, member of esela -The legal network for social impact and founding member of esela Asia-Pacific Impact Lawyers
- Aksu Tuominen, Senior Associate, Castrén & Snellman Attorneys, Finland and member of esela -The legal network for social impact
- Sarah Dobson, Executive Director of esela - The legal network for social impact
- Keynote address
- Overview of the report, its structure and scope
- Presentation on substance of the report for jurisdictions across four continents
- Question and answer
Access to the ESG and Impact Investing guide is available for esela members. Click here to login to the esela members' site, and access the instructions for accessing your copy of the guide.
About the guide, ESG and Impact Investing 2021
This guide, published by Lexology and accessible to esela members, aims to help investors, entrepreneurs, policymakers and others to understand the evolving global landscape surrounding environmental, social and governance (ESG) investing and impact investing. The entrepreneurial and financial paradigm is shifting towards a vision of matching profit with the pursuit of social or environmental impact. With a focus on the most recent and upcoming regulatory and policy developments in this area, the contributors to this volume examine how their respective jurisdictions legally address ESG, impact investing and purpose-driven companies, and explore how non-governmental organisations and networks are supporting and promoting the transition to responsible finance and business.
esela - The legal network for social impact is a non-profit global network of lawyers and allies, working to create a sustainable and inclusive economy that promotes positive social impact.
We are interested in the role of the law and lawyers in reshaping legal systems and practice for good through impact investing, social entrepreneurship, business and human rights, the response of business to the climate emergency, 'profit with purpose' and related disciplines.
---FREE TO ATTEND---
To register for the event, click on the + sign next to zero. This will add a ticket to your basket and allow you to RSVP.
ESG and Impact Investing 2021