The 2020 online series explored the role of law in building sustainable economies in a post-COVID world
esela Online Weekly Series 2020
In July, esela launched its first weekly series of virtual events exploring the role of law in building sustainable economies, following with a second series in September - October 2020.
Online sessions focused on market developments with the potential to drive legal solutions.
All recordings are available on demand for esela members. Registered attendees for each session are able to access the recording for a single event.
Details of all the events in the 2020 series are below.
esela Online 2020: Past Events
- Wed, 25 NovOnline EventJoin this esela webinar to learn about the first global ESG and Impact Investing report published by Lexology and written by lawyers. Find out how regulatory frameworks and fiduciary duties are evolving around ESG and impact investing practices across four continents.
- Wed, 21 OctOnline EventJoin policy, economic, environmental and legal experts to explore climate change and the pathway to a green recovery after Covid-19 for Latin America.
- Wed, 14 OctOnline EventJoin the session to find out how challenging the concept of shareholder primacy can lead to a human-first economy.
- Wed, 07 OctOnline EventJoin the session for discussion of the emerging findings of the research into investing for sustainability impact in 11 countries, commissioned by the PRI, UNEP FI and Generation Foundation and conducted by Freshfields.
- Wed, 30 SepOnline EventJoin leading international business and human rights lawyers to explore the legal landscape for business in a time of economic and social upheaval.
- Wed, 08 JulOnline EventHow should pension funds, which hold some of the largest pools of capital in the world but have strict fiduciary duties, approach impact investment? Join the session for a first look at the ‘Impact Investment Code’, which outlines good governance principles for pension trustees.
esela - The legal network for social impact is a non-profit global network of lawyers and allies, working to create a sustainable and inclusive economy that promotes positive social impact.
We are interested in the role of the law and lawyers in reshaping legal systems and practice for good through impact investing, social entrepreneurship, business and human rights, the response of business to the climate emergency, 'profit with purpose' and related disciplines