esela online events explore the role of law in building sustainable economies that promote positive social impact
In July 2020, esela launched its first weekly series of virtual events exploring the role of law in building sustainable economies, following with a second series in September - October 2020, and events in November 2021 and June 2022.
Online sessions focus on developments within the Impact Disciplines, with the potential to drive legal solutions.
All recordings are available on demand for esela members. Registered attendees for each session are able to access the recording for a single event.
Details of all one off events are below.
Click here for information about the esela Virtual Conference 2021, which took place in March.
#eselaonline: Past Events
- Tue, 29 JunOnline EventJoin this esela webinar to find out how in-house lawyers are championing rapid climate action.
- Wed, 25 NovOnline EventJoin this esela webinar to learn about the first global ESG and Impact Investing report published by Lexology and written by lawyers. Find out how regulatory frameworks and fiduciary duties are evolving around ESG and impact investing practices across four continents.
- Wed, 21 OctOnline EventJoin policy, economic, environmental and legal experts to explore climate change and the pathway to a green recovery after Covid-19 for Latin America.
- Wed, 14 OctOnline EventJoin the session to find out how challenging the concept of shareholder primacy can lead to a human-first economy.
- Wed, 07 OctOnline EventJoin the session for discussion of the emerging findings of the research into investing for sustainability impact in 11 countries, commissioned by the PRI, UNEP FI and Generation Foundation and conducted by Freshfields.
- Wed, 30 SeptOnline EventJoin leading international business and human rights lawyers to explore the legal landscape for business in a time of economic and social upheaval.
- Wed, 15 JulOnline EventAlex Edmans discusses 'Grow the Pie: How Great Companies Deliver Both Purpose and Profit', his Financial Times Business Book of the Month for March, with Sarah Ellington of DLA Piper.
- Wed, 08 JulOnline EventHow should pension funds, which hold some of the largest pools of capital in the world but have strict fiduciary duties, approach impact investment? Join the session for a first look at the ‘Impact Investment Code’, which outlines good governance principles for pension trustees.
- Wed, 01 JulOnline EventHow are lawyers and law firms contributing to the fight against climate change? Will the pandemic slow or quicken the transition to a net zero world?
- Thu, 11 JunOnline EventAn interactive meeting with fellow lawyers who are building practices focused on clients that create positive social and environmental impact in the APAC region.
Resources: Past Events
View our previous virtual events here
Click here to view the agenda for the esela Virtual Conference in March 2021.
To view the previous in-person conferences, use the following links:
esela - The legal network for social impact is a non-profit global network of lawyers and allies, working to create a sustainable and inclusive economy that promotes positive social impact.
We are interested in the role of the law and lawyers in reshaping legal systems and practice for good through impact investing, social entrepreneurship, business and human rights, the response of business to the climate emergency, 'profit with purpose' and related disciplines