Wed, 21 Oct|
Green Recovery and Climate Change in Latin America
Join policy, economic, environmental and legal experts to explore climate change and the pathway to a green recovery after Covid-19 for Latin America.
Time & Location
21 Oct 2020, 10:00 – 11:15 GMT-3
About The Event
Wednesday 21 October 2020
8 am Lima | 10 am Buenos Aires | 2 pm London | 3 pm Rome
---FREE TO ATTEND---
CPD | 75 minutes self-certified CPD points.
This session is co-presented by esela - The legal network for social impact and Red Latinoamericana de Abogados de Impacto (RLAI), with the International Bar Association (IBA) Environment, Health and Safety Law Committee, IBA Section on Energy, Environment, Natural Resources and Infrastructure Law (SEERIL) and IBA Latin American Regional Forum.
Please join leading policy, economic, environmental and legal experts in Latin America who will explore the landscape and impacts for Latin America as it emerges from COVID-19 and prepares for a green recovery that addresses climate change in new ways while enabling economic recovery and prosperity.
Latin America will face significant growing impacts from climate change, and has an important role to play in being part of the solution to this global challenge while simultaneously preserving economic progress. These challenges have only increased due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As Latin America emerges from the pandemic, it will need to work to continue economic development while at the same time mounting a stronger effort to address climate change, reduce emissions, promote a green recovery, and prepare for climate adaptation.
While many of these issues are shared globally, there are significant issues unique to Latin America given its geography, political structure, and economic status. Along the way, both hard and soft law will bring new requirements on corporations and communities to address these competing issues.
This event will be in English.
- Milagros De Camps German - Deputy Minister at the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources of the Dominican Republic and Climate Change Officer of the International Bar Association (IBA) Environment, Health & Safety Committee.
- Soffia Alarcon - Director, LATAM, Sustainable Finance, IHS Markit
- Sarah Gammage - Latin America Public Policy & Government Relations Director at The Nature Conservancy
- Benoit Lefèvre - Senior Specialist - Climate Change, Inter-American Development Bank
- Pablo Martínez, PhD - Country Representative for the Mexico program, Global Green Growth Institute
- Lina Pimentel Garcia - Environmental Law and ESG Partner at Mattos Filho and Senior Vice Chair of the International Bar Association (IBA) Environment, Health & Safety Committee
- Constanza Connolly, Counsel at Beccar Varela, Board Member of esela - The legal network for social impact and Co-Founder and Committee Member, of Red Latinoamericana de Abogados de Impacto
esela - The legal network for social impact is a non-profit global network of lawyers and allies, working to create a sustainable and inclusive economy that promotes positive social impact.
We are interested in the role of the law and lawyers in reshaping legal systems and practice for good through impact investing, social entrepreneurship, business and human rights, the response of business to the climate emergency, 'profit with purpose' and related disciplines.
21 Oct | esela Online Event | Green Recovery and Climate Change in Latin America RSVP https://bit.ly/2SJgSgt #eselaonline @esela_eu @IBAevents #greenrecovery #latam #law
---FREE TO ATTEND---
Green Recovery; free to attend